Do you have a manuscript to revise? Could you use a little help?
Award-winning author Janice Hardy (and founder of the popular writing site, Fiction University) takes you step-by-step through the novel revision process. She’ll show you how to analyze your draft, spot any problems or weak areas, and how to fix those problems.
With clear and easy-to-understand examples, Revising Your Novel: First Draft to Finished Draftoffers eleven self-guided workshops that target some of the toughest aspects of writing. It will help you:
- Develop a strong and effective revision plan
- Analyze your manuscript to find its strengths and weaknesses
- Spot common red flag words for problem areas (such as told prose)
- Determine the best way to revise a scene, plot, character, or novel
- Fix problems holding your novel back
Revising Your Novel: First Draft to Finished Draft starts every workshop with an analysis and offers multiple revision options in that area. You choose the options that best fit your writing process. Learn how to:
- Develop weak characters into strong ones
- Strengthen plots and subplots
- Flesh out your world or setting
- Control your novel’s pacing to keep readers hooked
- BONUS Workshop: How to salvage half-finished manuscripts
Revising Your Novel: First Draft to Finished Draft is an easy-to-follow guide to revising your manuscript and crafting a strong finished draft.