- THE SECRET OF THE DECEIVING STRIPED LIZARD... AND MORE!
- THE SECRET OF THE BIRD'S SMART BRAIN... AND MORE!
- THE SHOCKING SECRET OF THE ELECTRIC EEL... AND MORE!
- THE SECRET OF THE SCORPION-EATING MEERKATS... AND MORE!
- THE SECRET OF THE SQUIGGLY GREEN BOMBERS... AND MORE!
- THE SECRET OF THE SCUBA DIVING SPIDER... AND MORE!
Readers will dive along with an underwater spider and also discover why caterpillars need an emergency whistle, how moths talk back to bats, that zombie beetles really exist, and what makes cockroaches so hard to catch.
Primary sources include interviews with the scientists and original photos. Simple yet detailed language makes complicated scientific ideas easy to understand. A hands-on activity allows students to take on the role of scientist and examine these basic biological principles themselves.